IOF and ESCEO celebrate R.E.M.S. with a dedicated Scientific Symposium.
The curtain comes down at the World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases, WCO 2020, the virtual Congress organized by IOF (International Osteoporosis Foundation) and ESCEO (European Society for Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases), during which a Symposium on R.E.M.S. Technology (Radiofrequency Echographic Multi Spectrometry) took place.
Just ended the virtual WCO-IOF-ESCEO congress with an online platform hosting various live and on demand sessions on osteoporosis and musculoskeletal diseases, including the Scientific Symposium fully dedicated to R.E.M.S technology:
“Radiofrequency Echographic Multi-Spectrometry for the in-Vivo Assessment of Bone Strength: State of the Art: outcomes of an experts consensus meeting organized under the auspices of the European Society for Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases (ESCEO) and under the auspices of the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF)“.
The Symposium has been held by Prof. Maria Luisa Brandi, Professor of Endocrinology and Diseases of Bone and Mineral Metabolism at the University of Florence; Prof. Adolfo Diez-Perez, Professor at the Department of Internal Medicine of the Hospital del Mar in Barcelona; Prof. Hans Peter Dimai, Professor at the Department of Internal Medicine at the Medical University of Graz in Austria; and Prof. Thierry Thomas, Professor at the Department of Rheumatology, St. Etienne Hospital in France.
We are pleased with the attention dedicated to R.E.M.S. by internationally renowned medical-scientific organizations in the field of bone health such as IOF and ESCEO, which have examined the basic principles on which this new densitometric approach is based, the advantages of its various clinical applications and an opportunity for the physician to assess the fracture risk.
Although the live sessions have ended, the digital platform is still available to subscribers and will be accessible for the next three months. In addition to the IOF-ESCEO Symposium, you can also access the virtual stand of Echolight through which you can download information material on R.E.M.S. technology, watch the presentation video and send a request for information.
Furthermore, it will still be possible to follow and consult the many scientific sessions on R.E.M.S. starting from the Oral Presentation “Identification of Frail Patients using femoral Radiofrequency Echographic Multi Spectrometry (R.E.M.S.)” by Dr. G. Adami, specialist in Rheumatology at the Department of Medicine, University of Verona and the plenary session of Dr. Loredana Cavalli, specialist in Physiatry and Rehabilitation, University of Florence, “Customized postural rebalancing in Osteopenic subjects with painful deviations of the spine: preliminary functional and densitometric results”.
Also available and downloadable all the e-posters and abstracts on R.E.M.S. Technology, as follows:
- IDENTIFICATION OF FRAIL PATIENTS USING FEMORAL RADIOFREQUENCY ECHOGRAPHIC MULTI SPECTROMETRY (REMS) ( Adami, G. Arioli *, G. Bianchi *, M. L. Brandi *, C. Caffarelli *, L. Cianferotti *, G. Girasole *, S. Gonnelli *, M. Manfredini *, M. Muratore *, E. Quarta *, L. Quarta *, D. Gatti)
- CUSTOMIZED POSTURAL REBALANCING IN OSTEOPENIC SUBJECTS WITH PAINFUL DEVIATIONS OF THE SPINE: PRELIMINARY FUNCTIONAL AND DENSITOMETRIC RESULTS ( Cavalli, G. Malevolti, E. Martinelli, M. L. Brandi)
- REMS TECHNOLOGY FOR SHORT-TERM MONITORING OF DENOSUMAB THERAPEUTIC EFFECT IN BREAST CANCER PATIENTS RECEIVING AROMATASE INHIBITORS BASED THERAPY ( Ciardo, E. Casciaro *, M. Ciccarese *, F. Conversano *, R. Forcignanò *, F. A. Lombardi *, M. Muratore *, P. Pisani *, L. Quarta *, E. Quarta)
- ASSESSMENT OF MUSCLE MASS IN POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMEN ( Nikolov, N. Nikolov)
- USE OF REMS TECHNOLOGY IN PATIENTS WITH SPINE ARTIFACTS: A NEW TECHNOLOGY TO ASSESSED BONE HEALTH (D. Tomai Pitinca, C. Caffarelli, F. A. Lombardi, S. Gonnelli)
- REMS TECHNOLOGY IN DAILY PRACTICE: CLINICAL CASES (D. Tomai Pitinca, C. Caffarelli, S. Gonnelli)
For more details on the scientific sessions and contents about R.E.M.S. technology presented at WCO 2020, fill out the contact form at the following link: https://event.echolight.it
Echolight continues its expansion around the world. Today EchoS, the only radiation free device for the bone assessment on the lumbar vertebrae and the femoral neck, is marketed in more than 30 countries, thanks to the network of distributors located in different...
III Meeting of the Echolight International Scientific Board, 4 February, 2020, Geneva. On February 4th, the III Meeting of the Echolight International Scientific Board was held in the beautiful city of Geneva, chaired by Professor Maria Luisa Brandi, with the special...
New member of the International Scientific Board. We are pleased to introduce Professor Bernard CORTET as a new member of our International Scientific Advisory Board. All the other board members were pleased to welcome Professor Cortet given his outstanding scientific...